Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2022 JD 1025R, 120R Loader, SB1154 snowblower, 54" mid-mower, HLA 900 lbs forks.
271 Posts

Reactions: Kbar and Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Buys a 100k $ tractor and wants to save a dollar or two and go with Chinese garbage. Bless his heart.

·
Premium Member
9,854 Posts
I guess R2 don’t get any love this time around.

·
Premium Member
4044R w/Cab Silverado 2500HD DuraMax LBZ crew cab, 2021 MB - S class 580 and a 1971 Corvette 4 spd.
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well my HD is all about parts from Asia, same for JD, GM, Ford and Chrysler. What about your TV, cell phone and most of your hand and power tools. What brand frig keeps your beer cold?
Which American microwave heats up your Hot Pockets? The only thing pure American made and you’re squatting on it everyday.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Well my HD is all about parts from Asia, same for JD, GM, Ford and Chrysler. What about your TV, cell phone and most of your hand and power tools. What brand frig keeps your beer cold?
Which American microwave heats up your Hot Pockets? The only thing pure American made and you’re squatting on it everyday.
There are still places that purchase US made steel and fabricate it in the US with US workers and ship it with US carriers. Some things there are no options so you have to buy what’s available. The things that still have a domestic option should be considered.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
I was gifted a pair of the Vevor tamers and they are possibly the worst example of Chinese manufacturing I have ever seen. Pieces out of alignment, poor welds, paint that feels like sand, and rust out of the box.

Tried using them last winter and they literally folded up like a cheap tent. You get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
4044R w/Cab Silverado 2500HD DuraMax LBZ crew cab, 2021 MB - S class 580 and a 1971 Corvette 4 spd.
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I was gifted a pair of the Vevor tamers and they are possibly the worst example of Chinese manufacturing I have ever seen. Pieces out of alignment, poor welds, paint that feels like sand, and rust out of the box.

Tried using them last winter and they literally folded up like a cheap tent. You get what you pay for.
Then it’s a good thing it didn’t cost you anything.
And 10 other people are happy with theirs. I guess mom made the set I got, it’s not rusted, straight and paint is acceptable as it won’t be there anyway in a week’s worth of use.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Hey now don't let your old Local 1 Union Brothers hear you talking like that!!! 😁

You get what you pay for most of the time... if you were on local Craigslist you'd have seen the ad for local (NYS) US made Edge Tamers.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Deleted

·
Administrator
22,430 Posts
Gentlemen, please. Let’s not get wound up here. GTT is a friendly place. We all make choices. Let’s respect others decisions and choices.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Gentlemen, please. Let’s not get wound up here. GTT is a friendly place. We all make choices. Let’s respect others decisions and choices.
We're all busting on Rich in fun. He's a great fellow, the kind of guy that would (will?) host a GTT get together.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
Then it’s a good thing it didn’t cost you anything.
How? Cheap is cheap even if its free.

I doubt these things would last more than a season or two at best. I can't test that theory because one didn't even last from Christmas until spring.

Reactions: Kbar and Big

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
How? Cheap is cheap even if its free.

I doubt these things would last more than a season or two at best. I can't test that theory because one didn't even last from Christmas until spring.
after a year of use as applicable ....my cheap ones only have scratched paint on the bottom of the skid shoes .....they are at least 3/8 plate and welded just fine for what they are...sorry you got something poorly made ......i figure mine cost 20$ each and 10$ freight for both......total 50$......at the time the expensive ones i was wanting were out of stock so i went looking and found the ones i bought......so something sometimes beats nothing...from my experience so far i suspect they will last till the 3/8+ plate skids steel wear down how ever many years that will take .....at current rate i will be dead by then

·
Vendor
87 Posts
This was an interesting thread, and thanks to all that posted, and a special thank you to all of our customers who have supported our products, it's a great pleasure to be of service. Since our steel is from the US, it is more expensive. Since our labor is in the US, it is also more expensive. It just is. So what can we do? First, we can be innovative. We invented the Edge Tamers, and we made them to take accessories, such as the Edge Extenders, Hitch Tamer, and so forth. We recently added a Poly Pad option for the bottom. We have other things on the way as well. The competition doesn't have any of that. Simply put, they are not innovators, they just copy others. Second, we can make a high quality product. Our parts are laser cut, robotically welded, and the powder coat is top notch and each part is inspected. We don't skimp on any of the hardware. Third, we can provide quality service. If you want to talk to a human, give us a call. If you have any problem whatsoever, we're here to respond.

Do all these things make a difference vs just a price? We know for many of you they do, and we appreciate it. Your purchases support US business, and enable us to keep coming up with new ideas, which should be what everyone wants.

GTT is a place where folks take pride in their tractors and their attachments, and we're honored to be a part of this community and each time someone puts their faith in our products.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This was an interesting thread, and thanks to all that posted, and a special thank you to all of our customers who have supported our products, it's a great pleasure to be of service. Since our steel is from the US, it is more expensive. Since our labor is in the US, it is also more expensive. It just is. So what can we do? First, we can be innovative. We invented the Edge Tamers, and we made them to take accessories, such as the Edge Extenders, Hitch Tamer, and so forth. We recently added a Poly Pad option for the bottom. We have other things on the way as well. The competition doesn't have any of that. Simply put, they are not innovators, they just copy others. Second, we can make a high quality product. Our parts are laser cut, robotically welded, and the powder coat is top notch and each part is inspected. We don't skimp on any of the hardware. Third, we can provide quality service. If you want to talk to a human, give us a call. If you have any problem whatsoever, we're here to respond.

Do all these things make a difference vs just a price? We know for many of you they do, and we appreciate it. Your purchases support US business, and enable us to keep coming up with new ideas, which should be what everyone wants.

GTT is a place where folks take pride in their tractors and their attachments, and we're honored to be a part of this community and each time someone puts their faith in our products.

As a repeat customer, I'm gonna get a discount for my 4066r tamers right? .....right?

I think the HD John Deere 73" inch bucket needs (3) 6". Not sure if its gonna be 5/8 or 1/2 bolts........ Gotta wait till it gets in I guess.

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a set on my Deere 4066R and love them. I am picking up a 2038R later this month and am planning on getting a set for this loader as well. The RDGuys have a great product and deserve the support of all who prefer products made at home instead of overseas.

Did you put 3 on or 4? What size bolts was for your bucket 1/2inch or 5/8? if you remember

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Hi @Gene2022, you have the right idea, three of the 6" Bolt-On Tamers should do the trick if you have a cutting edge. I don't offhand recall on the plow bolt size. Once it comes in, give us a call and we'll get you all figured out!

41 - 60 of 65 Posts