Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: AV20F Grapple and 3rd SCV

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Thanks

AV20F Grapple and 3rd SCV

So I traded in the old 1026r for a new 1025R and ordered the 3rd SCV kit with it. And the AV20F grapple. I may have taken some creative liberties with the word "need' when ordering all this. But I've already put it to good use and love it!

This 3rd SCV kit is definitely the way to go if you're buying a new machine IMO. Rolled into the 0% financing with installation at the dealer is $1250. For comparison, the Artillian diverter kit is $824 shipped and you install it yourself. So for an extra $400, you get a much more versatile and clean install without lifting a finger. The 3rd SCV can also be used for a snow plow angle, hydraulic top link, or any other hydraulic implement. The quick connect is located to the side near the fuel filter. So it can easily be used for a rear implement too. It is not tied to the loader or way up front like a diverter kit. The it comes with the hydraulic lines up to the front of the loader too though.

The AV20F grapple is great so far. I've never owned a grapple so I can't compare it to an artillian or any other brand. It is definitely one of if not the lightest weight option out there. For a small subcompact tractor, that's a big deal IMO. It cost $1350, and was also rolled into the 0% financing.

I've already moved around a bunch of crap I had laying around the yard. I started tearing out old shrubs and weeds. Ripped out one of the two horseshoe pits I don't use. Building up the burn pile larger and larger. Makes very fast work of everything. Now I can see why everyone who has a grapple loves them.

This fall, I will probably add a hydraulic angle cylinder to my loader mounted snow plow and use the 3rd SCV for that. I may also get a hydraulic top link for the 3 point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190915_133452.jpg IMG_20190914_230930.jpg IMG_20190914_231216.jpg IMG_20190914_231305.jpg IMG_20190915_125856.jpg

IMG_20190915_125926.jpg IMG_20190915_132228.jpg
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedals2Paddles For This Useful Post:

Kennyd†(09-15-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Thanks
    I like the setup. It looks nice and clean. I also like how its co trolled on tje same lever. Ive never used a grapple except on a skid steer but I like the looks of that. Im sure eventually Ill have one just not yet. Thanks for the pictures and info!

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks
    So thatís a 3rd scv controlled electronically buy a push button on joystick like a diverter? I thought all 3rd scv weíre operated by a lever for hydraulics and all diverters were controlled electronically. Thatís cleanest setup Iíve seen. Really like where the bracket is so that it can be used for front or rear hydraulics. When you remove your loader is it just the extra 2 hydraulic lines you disconnect or do you have to unplug any wires. Itís a very interesting setup. By far my favorite I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 and sennister like this.
    -Alex-

2018 2025R
    60" MMM
    120R Loader
    AV10F Frontier snow plow
    AP10F 42" Frontier pallet forks
    Blue Diamond Toothbar
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    5 Ft KK Box Blade
    Carry All
    Single Row Cultivator
    KK Middle Buster

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvdeere View Post
    So thatís a 3rd scv controlled electronically buy a push button on joystick like a diverter? I thought all 3rd scv weíre operated by a lever for hydraulics and all diverters were controlled electronically. Thatís cleanest setup Iíve seen. Really like where the bracket is so that it can be used for front or rear hydraulics. When you remove your loader is it just the extra 2 hydraulic lines you disconnect or do you have to unplug any wires. Itís a very interesting setup. By far my favorite I have seen.

I was going to ask the same thing. Normally they are more like toggle switch and you select if you want the grapple function or dump/curl. Not sure on how this works but it looks really clean.
    BigJim55 likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    So how do you like your Model 3?

A coworker has been happy with his. He had it in to the shop for a few days and had a S for a loaner but said he liked the 3 better.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    It not a diverter. It's an electrically operated SCV. Push the up button, the 3rd SCV opens in the up position. Push the down button, the 3rd SCV opens in the down position. Totally separate and independent of the other two SCVs for the loader/dump.

A diverter is an electrically operated valve that switches a single existing hydraulic circuit between two devices (dump and grapple is the usual).
    dieselshadow, sennister and DanW like this.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    It not a diverter. It's an electrically operated SCV. Push the up button, the 3rd SCV opens in the up position. Push the down button, the 3rd SCV opens in the down position. Totally separate and independent of the other two SCVs for the loader/dump.

A diverter is an electrically operated valve that switches a single existing hydraulic circuit between two devices (dump and grapple is the usual).
    Yeah that is what I was thinking when I was reading your description. How quick is it to operate compared to a normal "Analog" SCV?

Can you swap your hoses around to use the joystick for grapple and the electronic one for dump/curl? That might be tricky to get used to but I wonder which way would be more efficient?

JD X585, 54C deck,

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    It is immediate full hydraulic flow when you push the buttons. I actually just ordered a $4 flow restrictor and some quick connects from KennyD to slow it down.

You could swap it around so the 3rd SCV buttons control the dump. But I think that would be very difficult to operate since you won't have any control over how fast it dumps. I'm actually not sure the hoses would even reach to do that.
    Tractor Tim, sennister and DanW like this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    It is immediate full hydraulic flow when you push the buttons. I actually just ordered a $4 flow restrictor and some quick connects from KennyD to slow it down.

You could swap it around so the 3rd SCV buttons control the dump. But I think that would be very difficult to operate since you won't have any control over how fast it dumps. I'm actually not sure the hoses would even reach to do that.
    For dump that might not matter much but I can see that being an issue when you are trying to level the bucket or jaws to scoop up more. I was just curious how it operated if it is a button for open/close and it is full flow which is sounds like it is, or more of an analog style where you can slowly move it like you can with a lever.

I guess the only bad thing I can think of is if you were trying to gently grab something. Thinking back to when the excavator was pulling up my sidewalk, he used the thumb to try and hold the cement slab in the bucket but a couple times grabbed it too hard and it broke. I don't think it would be a big issue but you don't have a ton of slow control short of maybe dropping RPM.

I still think I like that better than the diverter option though. It would be easier to use and like you said, can be used on the rear as well.
    DanW likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks
    So itís a true 3rd function. I have always heard that was not possible on these small machines is why everyone went with the diverter. That is leaps and bounds better in my opinion but your the only person I have ever seen with it. Can you get us some more info as far as part numbers for what you ordered?

IndianaJim likes this.
    -Alex-

2018 2025R
    60" MMM
    120R Loader
    AV10F Frontier snow plow
    AP10F 42" Frontier pallet forks
    Blue Diamond Toothbar
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    5 Ft KK Box Blade
    Carry All